Attached you will find the Leadership Packet for the 2022 Marching Band Season. This process will look different than in years past. Please carefully read this email and the application packet. Here are the requirements:
- Essay Questions - Answer the five essay questions in a typed document. Turn in your responses with your application to Mr. A.
- Interview - Each candidate will be interviewed by Mr. A (and potentially other staff members). Each interview will take approximately thirty minutes and will be conducted after school. You can sign up for your preferred time slot here.
- Peer Referral - Find two members of the Spartan Marching Band that thinks you would be a good member of next year's leadership team. They can be '21 leaders, graduating seniors, or members in/out of your section. Have them sign your application.
- Adult Referral - Find one adult that thinks you would be a good member of next year's leadership team. They can be a teacher, club advisor, or coach. Staff members of the Spartan Marching Band are not eligible. Have them sign your application.
- Drum Major Applicants Only - You will record yourself conducting the 3rd movement of Blue Horizons. Make sure the camera is positioned so that we can see your entire torso, especially your hands. You can find a score, recording, and adjudication rubric here.
All printed materials are due on Wednesday, May 11th. Interviews will begin the following Monday.
Please note the following dates:
Leadership Training - June 16th and 17th
Band Camp - July 25th-29th, August 1st-2nd
First Day of School - August 10th
This application is only for Marching Band Leadership. A separate process will be done for Music Council and Orchestra/Concert Band section leader.
Please thoroughly read the attached application packet and let me know if you have any questions.
Good luck everyone!
Mountain View High School
MVMB Leadership Packet 2022.pdf
Description: Adobe PDF document