Message Archive for jazz-ensemble

Pep Band Details for Friday's Football Game

Sent: Thu Aug 26, 2021 • 2:02 PM PDT
From: Linde, Anna

Pep Band Details for Friday's Football Game
Hi Musicians!!!

Screen Shot 2021-08-14 at 1.37.05 PM.png

I hope you're excited for our first game tomorrow- Friday, August 27th!!
Call time for all Spartan Sound musicians is at 5:00pm in Packard Hall- Kickoff is at 7:00pm.

IMPORTANT DETAILS:

UNIFORM- All Spartan Sound Members will be wearing your new spartan sound long sleeve shirt, hat, and long blue jeans or black pants. If you do not yet have your uniform, you will be able to get it at 5:00pm tomorrow in Packard Hall.

3RD QUARTER- Spartan Sound will have the 3rd quarter off. Students will need to be back in the stands two minutes before the start of 4th quarter.
*Our wonderful friends from the Snack Shack will be setting up a station for musicians to get a hotdog OR quesadilla and soda combo for only $5.00 during the 3rd quarter. Students, you must bring $5.00 cash with you. I will then collect it and give you a small red dinner ticket.
Remember, you are representing the Mountain View High School Music Program- practice kindness and act responsibly.

SPECTATORS- Family members and friends who wish to attend the game will need to pay for admission at the main entrance of the stadium.

SCHEDULE OF EVENTS-

PREGAME

6:15-6:30 Band performs Fight Song at Blast Off event outside of Packard

6:35 Band lines up the tunnel for football team to run through

6:40 Ribbon Cutting Ceremony- followed by Football Team Runs through tunnels, band moves to stands

6:45-6:55 National Anthem is announced, Choir Students sing National Anthem (Band will perform National Anthem at following games)

7:00 Kickoff

HALFTIME

-2min before halftime, Band makes our way to the sideline

-Halftime, Band sets up arcs on the field. Anna gives cue to the press box to announce Spartan Sound. Band performs

-Cheer joins band in front of arcs for All Right Now ~5min

-Band moves to tunnels. Plays Eat Em’ Up and Fight Song for Football

3RD QUARTER

-Band has the 3rd quarter off. Food for the band provided by LeAnn near the Snack Shack for $5.00.

4TH QUARTER

-Band wraps up the game in the stands

Please be aware that all Spartan Sound information is subject to change in accordance with district and county COVID 19 restrictions.

Thank you all for your hard work and dedication. I'm looking forward to a fun night of supporting the football team under our brand new stadium lights!

All My Best,
Anna Linde

--
Anna Linde