Message Archive for cross-cnty

XC practice update and Turkey Trot information

Sent: Sun Sep 12, 2021 • 12:48 PM PDT
From: Eliana Montgomery
  • To: "cross-cnty (at) MVHS ELISTS" <cross-cnty (at) MVHS ELISTS>
  • Subject: XC practice update and Turkey Trot information
  • From: Eliana Montgomery <elliemontgo1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2021 12:17:33 -0700
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20210112; h=mime-version:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=+7ivDzLDCbVwzLTaQvGwYC9u73hpe6bU84nkreR5HRM=; b=Vfsv6UvKLiEpB8iyKMgnPx8wCag1mAH2nf6jwExv6+mqmAfYzOuNpbsVE8tzDMiCtg nwDse9Iz5/mCyvuhbWGlHhJ0HTrxfo7I2ZPLrWa8OaAetqRtwE6l7uKY/pIMuZhBMTKJ VcgQMCWRbIX5aUBHX6aer0GfObSA1uz864phsEDmeKOM+/udOi3u62rmaKmplVPg9Q6R vIgmfiVDlF1UEUZp45py2/x0cy3BN2HvKjuLH5OI1543Va9Tv9WUbOlFNKKcBBthdJ0M 91Tu3fQZxRJS6e1+PBD32V3Ke41Qm7zllvIqrvZhl848VayHZPAgFBU/nbpwYi4l5T4c Dfig==
  • Sender: <cross-cnty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

XC practice update and Turkey Trot information

Hi XC students and parents,

Due to shortened schedules several days this week, I wanted to update on practice times. Tuesday’s time does not change. Wednesday, will have cross country practice slightly earlier, at 3:00. This is important for Rancho drivers too!

Also, the annual MVHS Turkey Trot is back this year! It’s a fun neighborhood 5k on Thanksgiving day, which fundraises for MVHS Sports Boosters. It’s also a great way to support running in the community! The planning committee is currently looking for adult volunteers to join their team. If you’re interested in helping plan this year’s event, feel free to reach out to the coordinator, Kjersti Nelson, at kjerstinelsonlmft@xxxxxxxxx

They are also looking for students and parents to help the day before and the day of. This volunteer opportunity is a great fit for us! As a bonus, all volunteer hours by cross country athletes and parents are tallied and paid per hour. The funds are deposited directly into the xc account at the school for use by our team.

There will be a packet-pickup the day before and a kids run on Thanksgiving after the main 5k. We will have more details about specific time and location later on. If anyone is interested in volunteering, please let me know! This isn’t a commitment, we’re just hoping to gauge interest.

Thanks!

Ellie