Message Archive for bio-gallego

No Newer Messages   [Next Older Message]   next older message

How Credit/No Credit will be determined for 2nd semester Biology

Sent: Thu May 7, 2020 • 4:15 PM PDT
From: Anthony Gallego
  • To: bio-gallego (at) MVHS ELISTS
  • Subject: How Credit/No Credit will be determined for 2nd semester Biology
  • From: Anthony Gallego <anthony.gallego (at) MVLA>
  • Date: Thu, 7 May 2020 16:14:59 -0700
  • Sender: <bio-gallego (at) MVHS ELISTS>

How Credit/No Credit will be determined for 2nd semester Biology

Dear Biology students & their families,

In light of distance learning and the school district’s move to credit/no credit for the 2nd semester, the Biology teachers would like to give you an update on how final 2nd semester grades will be determined:

1. The score needed to earn credit for the semester will remain 59.5%. This means that a student with a 59.49% or lower at the end of the 2nd semester will not earn credit for the semester, and a student with 59.50% or higher will earn credit for the semester.

2. Due to our inability to give traditional tests/quizzes and the reduced instructional time we have due to distance learning, we are adjusting the grade categories in Aeries. The new categories are below. All percent refer to percent of overall grade.

Quarter 3: 60% of semester grade

·        Work Habits: 10%

·        Tests & Quizzes: 35%

·        Unit 4 Project: 15%

Quarter 4: 40% of semester grade

·        Google Classroom Work (Actively Learn, Gizmo, etc.): 10%

·        Unit 5 Project: 15%

·        Unit 6 Project: 15%

3. Shortly, I will adjust Aeries to reflect these new categories. Students' grades may change as I do so, and this is to be expected. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you think there are errors or if something is unclear.

4. If your family or your child is experiencing extenuating circumstances that make it difficult to complete schoolwork, please let me know. I’m happy to problem solve with students to address learning challenges.

Best wishes,

Anthony Gallego

No Newer Messages